Headquartered in Chachapoyas, the capital of Amazonas Department, the Camayoc Foundation endeavors to increase awareness of the important natural and cultural resources of the area.
The Camayoc Foundation is a Peruvian non-profit NGO presided over by Dr. Peter Lerche.
- Our Mission:
- Provide Peruvian cultural history and environmental science education to the people of Chachapoyas.
- Construction of the
Camayoc-Instituteto provide educational and research facilities, library and teaching hall, and corporate offices. Accommodations are available for visiting student groups, teachers, researchers, and for Camayoc Members.
- Establishment of a museum to showcase the local cultural traditions, archaeological collections, and serve as an interpretation center for visitors.
- Development of the traditional arts and crafts of the local people.
- Assist in the development of proposals to protect the natural environment and establish preserves for nature.
- Support and assist tourism activities through improving local infrastructure and promotion.
- Undertake these activities in cooperation with the Chachapoyas Tourist Office and the National Cultural Institute.